Hello there!

Hello there!

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Joshua

Tonight I lost a family member for the first time since I was 12 years old. My youngest cousin Josh and another cousin of ours, Robert were both involved in a car accident up in Ohio. Sadly, Josh didn't make it and I'm praying as hard as I can for Robert. I don't know yet how I'm gonna cope with the idea that "Joshie" isn't around. I've never felt this kind of loss as an adult and it's a more soul crushing feeling than I'd ever imagined. He was 25 years old and had his whole life in front of him and I have lost a part of my soul for ever. Some of my most cherished memories have included him because they have included me hanging with my family. When I lived in Ohio I spent many days off and weekends with Robert and Joshua. One day we were all at my Aunt Barbara and Uncle Danny's house and there was a ton of snow on the ground and the three of us had a snow ball fight that lasted an hour if it lasted a minute. Being from Texas, I hadn't really had a lot of snowball fights and I just remember all the fun we had, and because Josh was the youngest we inevitably ganged up on him. We did that a lot. But he knew we loved him, I even told him so. We picked on him because he was the youngest but we always included him, even if we were made to. :)
   These memories are great and it's important to tell them because it keeps his memory alive. And over time I will talk with relatives and we will tell stories and reminisce but right now all I feel is pain for a lost loved one. Anyway, I just wanted to...I'm not sure what I wanted to do, I kinda just started writing. Anyway, I love you Josh, and you'll be missed very much.

1 comment:

Jeremy said...

man I am really sorry, I know how close you were to those guys.. anything I can do?