Hello there!

Hello there!

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Don't I know you?

And I'm back! New name, new look, same information nobody asked for! But seriously folks, I am back from my self-imposed blog exile and this time I'm back to do something a tad different that I had been. I will still be blogging on my experiences on dialysis and going through the transplant process but I'm also going to talk about the ancillary and auxiliary parts of my life that dialysis and kidney failure have affected. The reason for the change, honestly, is that just sharing about the experiences of dialysis and the transplant process got very stale and monotonous for me. You go to to dialysis, they hook you up, you sit there for four hours, sometimes you get sick, sometimes you don't. As far as transplant, they see you once, run every test on you and, in my case, never call you again. So, you could see how even a writer as loquacious and rambling as myself could find it hard to summon more than 2 or 3 ways to tell you about those experiences. 

"Broaden your scope, my boy!", I thought to myself. Yes, I do refer to myself as "my boy" from time to time. So broaden my scope I've done. I will now be writing on pretty much anything that inspires me to sit in front of this laptop and bore ya'll with a story or two. After all, the only thing I do is go to dialysis. The reason I don't do anything else? Dialysis. Accordingly, I will use the free time kidney failure has "afforded" me by doing something I know (OK, think) I'm good at: write. I hope you guys enjoy the new direction. Any newbies snooping around here for the first time, feel free to go back and check out the old entries please and let me know what you think. Bye now.

No comments: